Monday 20 August 2018

King Lear, and another Shakespeare via Hollywood

So [yes, it breaks grammatical rules but it sounds nice] I and people I work with filmed a few scenes/trailer shoot for the King Lear that was meant to be a small adaptation some years ago when I still lived and acted on the London stage but when I returned to it, beyond a sketch in late 2016, rapidly morphed into more me and less Shakespeare, albeit he's still in the script.

After filming in  Bristol the film went on hold as it became a much bigger project. Owning all the equipment  I am able to make feature films cheaply (as f.f. go) but unexpectedly people  like my writing and that led to Industry interest which resulted in larger budgets.
Another factor was collapsing twice out cold while filming because of Bernadette's murder; the condition aggravated by endless police failure and lies, and that I am a ticking time bomb; not my opinion, the assessment of the professionals.

In the summer I was approached to direct a Hollywood scripted version of another Shakespeare play. Hollywood! At this stage its a series of shoots of just scenes until next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment